Resident Evil 4 Remake The Mercenaries DLC Playable Characters Leaked Via Datamine
The list of playable characters featured in the upcoming DLC for the Resident Evil 4 remake, titled The Mercenaries, has apparently been leaked via a datamine.
A dataminer who goes by the handle of biohazarddoctor on Twitter, has revealed the list of playable characters featured in the forthcoming The Mercenaries DLC for Resident Evil 4 Remake. The list includes a character who was not playable in the original.
Resident Evil 4 Remake The Mercenaries DLC Playable Characters
The list of playable characters along with their datamined renders can be seen below.
- Ada Wong (2 versions)
- Albert Wesker
- Leon S Kennedy (2 versions)
- Luis Serra
- Jack Krauser
Luis is the new playable character featured in the The Mercenaries DLC in Resident Evil 4 Remake as opposed to the original game, where he was only present as an NPC. As seen in the gallery above, renders for additional costumes for some of the characters were discovered via the datamine. Some of these are more than just a simple switch of costume, as they have unique weapon loadouts. In total, the datamine has revealed 8 playable characters, including the alternate versions of Leon and Ada.
Additionally, another datamine performed by Gosetsu from the RE Wiki Discord (via) revealed the presence of game files related to the Separate Ways DLC, which has yet to be officially announced by Capcom. It is expected that the publisher will be making an announcement in this regard, as well as details on pricing, in the weeks to come.
The dataminer also uncovered details regarding character stats and abilities, which can be seen below.
- Leon: an all-round, balanced fighter. During Mayhem Mode, his abilities including attack power and speed are greatly increased.
- Luis: has good firepower but weak close-quarter abilities. During Mayhem Mode, he can set dynamite which explodes after a certain amount of time or when shot.
- Krauser: as strong melee attacks and explosive arrows at his disposal. During Mayhem Mode, he mutates and can deal close-quarter attacks or thrust attacks.
- Hunk: has a high-performance submachine gun as well as a unique melee attack that can kill instantly. During Mayhem Mode, he gains unlimited ammo.
- Ada: has a variety of weapons to deal with any situation. During Mayhem Mode, her abilities including attack power and speed are greatly increased.
- Wesker: can parry with his hands and even deliver melee attacks on distant enemies. During Mayhem Mode, he is able to perform combo melee attacks.
The only DLC for the Resident Evil 4 remake that Capcom has confirmed thus far is The Mercenaries. It is a free DLC that will arrive on April 7, 2023. The announcement was made alongside the game’s launch trailer.
The Resident Evil 4 remake is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series, and PC. The Mercenaries mode is an arcade-style gameplay mode that involves navigating through various stages from in-game locations and completing a score attack mode with hordes of enemies attacking the player.