Capcom recently held a gameplay demonstration of Resident Evil 8, also known as Resident Evil Village, and revealed some new information on the game.
During the live stream at TGS 2020, Capcom didn’t show any gameplay footage but had Eiko Kano, one of the guests during the talk, play a gameplay demo from Resident Evil 8. This gameplay demo was not shown at any point but some interesting information regarding the opening of the game was shared during this demonstration.
Read More: Final Fantasy XVI Graphics Are Still Being Worked On, Teaser Site Will Open In October
Here’s a summary of all the new information that was revealed during this Resident Evil 8 gameplay demo.
- The opening of the game features a battle with a “very strong” enemy.
- Some of the enemies in the opening will be naked despite the opening being set during Winter.
- Enemies in Resident Evil 8 will behave differently than Resident Evil 7.
- Killing an enemy will yield an item.
- Players can use environmental objects like a bookshelf to fight back against enemies.
- Enemies can also be stunned using guns or environmental objects.
- The opening section will see Ethan flee a village while enemies are pursuing him.
- During the opening, part of the village can catch fire depending on the player’s action.
- A shotgun can be picked up during the opening segment.
- Tsuyoshi Kanda confirms this was just from the beginning of the game.
- Eiko Kano says the game featured a lot of action even in the beginning.
- Items dropped from enemies can be crafted into ammo or other items.
Read More: Modern Warfare Update 1.27 Is Already Out, File Size Revealed
Resident Evil 8 is currently confirmed for the PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC. The developers are trying to get the game out on PS4 and Xbox One as well, but they haven’t confirmed if this will be possible in time for the release of the game.