Resident Evil 8 Rumors Reveal Major Details On The Game Including Title Screen
Resident Evil 8 is apparently out next year and there is a lot of leaked information out there regarding the game itself. Here are some of the latest rumors.
There are two sources for this new rumor. One if from Aesthetic Gamer or Dusk Golem as he is known on ResetERA. The second source is a fan website dedicated to the Biohazard or Resident Evil series. Both of these rumors provide a lot of new and interesting information on the upcoming Resident Evil game from Capcom.
Back in last year, we had reported multiple rumors on the upcoming mainline Resident Evil. Apparently this game has changed in development and now a version of Revelations 3 has been made into the next mainline Resident Evil game. This will be the launch of Resident Evil 8, which is due out next year, possible in Q1, 2021.
Capcom had a lot of success with their recent Resident Evil games. While Resident Evil 7 was a huge departure for the series, focusing on a first-person camera and virtual reality, it still sold incredibly well. Capcom followed it up with two remakes, Resident Evil 2 and 3. They are apparently targeting yearly release schedule for the franchise which points towards Resident Evil 8 releasing in early 2021.
- The title of Resident Evil 8 is Village, or Resident Evil Village to be more specific.
- It seems to be a clever throwback to the title of Resident Evil VII with roman numerals.
- There will be a recurring villain in the game called Witch which is similar to Marguerite.
- Chris Redfield will play an integral part in the new game and also get a facelift for the sequel.
- Resident Evil 7 protagonist Ethan is still in the game and will have a fatherly role.
- The setting is European and there are some flashbacks thrown in to link Chris Redfield with Ethan.
- The Story will take place a few years after Resident Evil 7.
- The official announcement is due in a few months but it was originally intended for E3.
There are more details about this upcoming game at the source. There were be hallucinations, occultism, and werewolves are also one of the enemies that are present in the game.
Resident Evil 3 Remake has just launched on Apri 4 but from the sound of it, Capcom is eager to release yearly Resident Evil games going forward which should lead to Resident Evil 8.