Resident Evil Village will get a combat-focused demo before the game launches later this May. The game’s development is currently in its final stage.
Resident Evil Village was recently showcased in a live stream held by PlayStation Japan. While most of the video footage during the live stream was old, there was some new information thrown in between the various segments.
One of the most interesting parts of the event was when Lady Dimitrescu was shown along with the hosts of the show in order to give an idea of her height. As you can see in the image below, there is a huge difference between her and someone with an average height in Japan.
Here is a summary of some of the key points of the live stream which were shared by Capcom.
- This is the first time they have the main protagonist appear in two mainline games in a row and they will use this opportunity to show how Ethan has progressed as a character.
- Lady Dimitrescu is not only tall but her castle also “towers” over the Village in Resident Evil 8.
- PS5 adaptive triggers will be used for guns and weapon reloading effects, which will change depending on the equipped weapon.
- Capcom will release a combat-focused demo later in Spring 2021.
- They have pulled a lot of ideas from Resident Evil 4 in order to make Village.
- They also took into consideration the areas that were loved by fans in Resident Evil 4 and applied that knowledge to Village.
- The game offers a playstyle choice and will have plenty of weapons. Players will choose the weapons that fit their playstyle.
- There will be multiple scenarios to tackle giving the players a choice in how they approach them.
- The merchant is called Duke who will sell weapon upgrades, guns, crafting recipes, & other surprises.
The game is currently confirmed to launch on May 7, 2021, for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.