The Last of Us Part 2 Earns Record-Breaking 24 Nominations at NAVGTR Awards 2020
The Last of Us Part 2 continues to earn critical acclaim and has managed to secure a record-breaking 24 nominations at the NAVGTR Awards 2020.
National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers has nominated The Last of Us Part 2 for 24 different categories, which is a new record for a video game. NAVGTR is a non-profit media organization with 1,200 media voters and 12,000 subscribers. While this is impressive, Ghost of Tsushima is not far behind with 21 nominations in all categories.
As for the leading game of the year nominees at the 20th NAVGTR annual awards program, they include Animal Crossing New Horizons, Genshin Impact, and a few others.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Genshin Impact
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part II
Here are the rest of the leading nominees at the National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers annual awards.
- The Last of Us Part II – 24 Nominations
- Ghost of Tsushima – 21 Nominations
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – 20 Nominations
- Half-Life: Alyx – 10 Nominations
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 8 Nominations
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope – 8 Nominations
- Deliver Us the Moon – 8 Nominations
- Genshin Impact – 7 Nominations
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – 7 Nominations
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 7 Nominations
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising – 6 Nominations
- Hades – 6 Nominations
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – 6 Nominations
- Carrion – 6 Nominations
Sony had an impressive showcase in 2020 with several of their exclusive games leading the top of the charts in awards nominations. In this case, they have Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, The Last of Us Part 2, and Ghost of Tsushima in the top spot.
The Last of Us Part 2 has already won more than 200 game of the year awards. The game was released back in June 2020, exclusively for the PS4.