The Last of Us Part 2 Earns Record-Breaking 24 Nominations at NAVGTR Awards 2020
The Last of Us Part 2 continues to earn critical acclaim and has managed to secure a record-breaking 24 nominations at the NAVGTR Awards 2020.
National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers has nominated The Last of Us Part 2 for 24 different categories, which is a new record for a video game. NAVGTR is a non-profit media organization with 1,200 media voters and 12,000 subscribers. While this is impressive, Ghost of Tsushima is not far behind with 21 nominations in all categories.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Genshin Impact
- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part II
Here are the rest of the leading nominees at the National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers annual awards.
- The Last of Us Part II – 24 Nominations
- Ghost of Tsushima – 21 Nominations
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – 20 Nominations
- Half-Life: Alyx – 10 Nominations
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 8 Nominations
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope – 8 Nominations
- Deliver Us the Moon – 8 Nominations
- Genshin Impact – 7 Nominations
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – 7 Nominations
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 7 Nominations
- Immortals: Fenyx Rising – 6 Nominations
- Hades – 6 Nominations
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – 6 Nominations
- Carrion – 6 Nominations
Sony had an impressive showcase in 2020 with several of their exclusive games leading the top of the charts in awards nominations. In this case, they have Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, The Last of Us Part 2, and Ghost of Tsushima in the top spot.
The Last of Us Part 2 has already won more than 200 game of the year awards. The game was released back in June 2020, exclusively for the PS4.