Xbox Series X Gets a Known List of Issues and Fixes Including For No Signal Issue
Microsoft has published a list of issues and fixes for the Xbox Series X. Meanwhile, a reddit user has shared his XSX issue leading to no signal on the TV.
Xbox Series X is out on November 10, however, some users are lucky enough to manage to get the console early. One such user has shared his experience on reddit. He had the console for two days, however, it now shows no display even when he tried to connect it to multiple TVs using different HDMI cables. The image given below is courtesy of the reddit user.
Read More: PS Plus Free Game Bugsnax Doesn’t Need a PS5 To Redeem On PSN Account
Microsoft has now updated the official Xbox Support Website with a known list of issues and their fixes for the Xbox Series X. One of the issues is no signal on TV, which was also experienced by the same user, however, in this case, it appears to be related to a bug with 4K 120 Hz setting on some TVs.
Here is how Microsoft has described the problem.
- Known Issue: If you are using a [email protected] TV that also supports VRR you might encounter no signal or corrupted image when the Xbox is configured for 4K120+VRR. This issue occurs with various TVs from LG, Samsung, or Vizio.
Here is a fix as suggested by Microsoft.
- Update to the latest firmware on your TV
- If using an LG TV – https://www.lg.com/us/support/software-firmware-drivers
- If using a Samsung TV – https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/
- If using a Vizio TV – https://support.vizio.com/s/firmware-search
- If the issue still persists, also consider trying the following:
- Configure the console for 4K/60 with VRR by going to Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> check the box for Allow variable refresh rate.
- Configure the console for 4k/120 with no VRR by going to Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> uncheck the box for Allow variable refresh rate. The resolution and refresh rates are found under “Display” in TV & Display options.
- If you wish to experience 120hz and VRR, please configure for 1080p/120hz VRR or 1440p/120hz VRR by Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> check the box for Allow variable refresh rate. The resolution and refresh rates are found under “Display” in TV & Display options.
- If you are experiencing a corrupted image, here are your workarounds to reverting back to a safe video mode:
- Restart your console and configure your video modes to one of the listed options above.
- If you’re still experiencing a corrupted image after restart, disable VRR on the TV. Please consult your TV manufactures on how to do this.
- If the issue still persist after steps 1 and 2, perform the video mode reset sequence to get back to a safe state and configure for one of the two options above. To do this, follow the steps on this page here under “Your screen is blank after you turn on the console > Reset your display settings”.
Other issues that are listed on the Support page relate to the EA Play App, Game Captures, BBC iPlayer App, Peacock TV App, and more.
While this might seem like a problem at first glance, this could be affected by a small number of users only and we won’t have an idea until the console officially launches in most major markets around the world.