Zelda: Skyward Sword Leads The Charge In Record Month for NPD Sales
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was not only the best-selling game on the Nintendo Switch, it was the best-selling game overall in July.
NPD has shared the sales result for July. Their sales data is comprised of Canada and the USA. According to their sales data that was shared by NPD Analyst Matt Piscatella, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was the best-selling game for July. This is remarkable for several reasons. This is just an HD Remaster of a classic Zelda game that didn’t do that well on the Nintendo Wii, and it was also a full-priced release.
Despite these factors, it appears that the popularity and demand of the Zelda brand are at an all-time high these days. This is contributing to the sales of the game. It was already the top 10 best-selling game on Amazon in its launch month.
Here are the top 10 best-selling games in the USA according to NPD.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Mario Kart 8
- Mario Golf: Super Rush
- MLB: The Show 21
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
- Super Mario 3D World
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Neo: The World Ends With You
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Pokémon Sword & Shield
- Resident Evil Village
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Based on the list, Square Enix’s Neo: The World Ends With You doesn’t appear to have done that well. On the other hand, since Nintendo doesn’t disclose download sales data for this chart, it makes the list even more impressive for games like Breath of the Wild and Mario Golf: Super Rush. All of these are a big hit for Nintendo based on the sales data.