Animal Crossing: New Horizons update 1.4.0 is available now. This is the Summer update wave 2 that was revealed earlier this week.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is continuing to receive strong post-launch support with updates. The second wave of Summer update has arrived today and it is available to download now for Nintendo Switch. This update brings support for Dreaming in addition to a Fireworks Festival.
Read More: Games With Gold August 2020 Lineup Revealed and It Is Terrible
Nintendo had shared a trailer to highlight some of the new features that will be a part of this new update.
Players can sleep to wake up in a dream world where they will be greeted by Luna. Players can explore each other’s Island through Dreams.
“While dozing off, you may find yourself in a strange realm where you’ll be greeted by Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, you can share your island as a dream with others too. She will grant those who share their island a ‘Dream Address’ which players can exchange and use to visit each other’s island in a dream. In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing you do is saved, so explore to your heart’s content.”
Read More: Nioh 2 Update 1.11 Is Out Now, File Size and Patch Notes Here
The file size of this brand new update is around 600 to 700 MB. In addition this these features, players can finally upload their save files to the cloud keep a backup ready when they are moving to a different Nintendo Switch.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes
- General updates
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin color variations.
- Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed up save data with the island backup restoration service if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If your system is broken, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Learn more about the island backup restoration service.
- Fixed issues
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available now exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.