Young Horses has released a new update today for Bugsnax patching the game to version 1.06. This update also adds the ability to transfer save data.
Bugsnax was a launch game for the PS5. It was also released on PS Plus so those who had a subscription could claim a free copy of the PS5 version, but that didn’t apply to the PS4. After the release of the game, the developers have now finally added the ability to transfer save data between the PS4 and PS5 versions.
The latest update, Bugsnax version 1.06, is available today on the PS4 bringing in the ability to add save data to the game. Get the complete patch notes below.
Bugsnax Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- Added ability to transfer saves online between PS4 and PS5 skus of Bugsnax.
- Added additional save data backup to protect against instances of potential save data corruption.
- Dialogue text ‘Wait’ mode added to Settings->Game for extending text display time until button press.
- Ability to change player fur color in Pause menu under Settings->Game during gameplay.
- Ability to change screen shake intensity in Settings->Game.
- Overwriting a save in the New Game screen now requires pressing a separate button to avoid accidental deletion.
- Fix for master volume affecting some environmental sounds more than others.
- Added statues to re-summon Legendary Bugsnax and replay them after completing the quest.
- Improve reactiveness of Tripwire.
- Player holding handnet animation now plays when approaching vulnerable snak.
- Eggabell will now remain in Frosted Peak after completing her questline.
- Updates to inaccurate journal descriptions and tags.
- Assorted fixes for stuck Bugsnax/Grumpuses, lingering/missing objects, and other oddities.
- Fix for bug paths not showing up in the Snax Scope if you scan and then quickly close the scope.
- Fixes for some issues with Barn Donations.
- Reduce Sodie spray particle count and translucency for performance gains.
So how do you transfer the save data. between the two different versions? Well, if this is like the other games, you will have to manually upload the save data from the PS4 version after updating to the latest patch and then download it on your PS5, where a new update was also released earlier this week.