Elden Ring Developer Apologizes For Performance Issues, Assures They Are Working On It
Elden Ring launch is not without its problems despite getting stellar critic reception, the performance of the game is a mixed bag on PC and consoles.
Bandai Namco, who is the publisher of Elden Ring shared a message from the development team assuring the fans that they are looking into the performance issues and will work on resolving them as soon as possible.
“We are currently experiencing some issues that are preventing the game from playing properly under some conditions, ” reads the message. “We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your patience.”
Here are some of the issues that they are currently working on for the game.
Main items to be revised
- Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
- We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name is set to 2-byte characters.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
- Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplayWe will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
- About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
- If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
- Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game.”
In addition to this, they are also working on fixing some of the bugs that have been reported so far.
Elden Ring is available now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.