Final Fantasy XVI Looks Stunning in 4K PS5 Screenshots, Release in Summer 2023
Square Enix has just shared brand new PS5 screenshots of Final Fantasy XVI, and they look stunning. In an accompanied press release, the publisher announced that the game would release during Summer 2023.
The trailer featured at PlayStation’s State of Play event gives fans a better idea of what to expect in terms of gameplay. Specifically, high-octane encounters with Clive Rosfield wielding a complete array of attacks specific to the game’s several Eikons (summons). Not to mention spectacular battles between the Eikons, which appear to be a highlight of the game.
The gorgeous new official screenshots for Final Fantasy XVI can be seen in the gallery below.
The studio revealed numerous new Eikons in the latest clip, as well as a more thorough look at our action-packed fighting system and the freedom it provides players. As for production progress, the developer reports that the game is entirely playable from beginning to end; however, there are still a bunch of hurdles to overcome, as the studio moves into the last push, from optimization to brush-up.
The team, led by Hiroshi Takai, has reached the last stages of development and is concentrating on polish as they prepare for launch. The studio aims to take fans on a seamless, story-driven, white-knuckle experience that will rival even the most exhilarating roller-coasters by taking advantage of the capabilities of the PlayStation 5 platform.
Square Enix also revealed details on key development staff, including veterans from FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, DEVIL MAY CRY 5, THE LAST REMNANT, and other franchises. The talented team includes the following key staff members.
- Producer – Naoki Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, DRAGON QUEST X, DRAGON QUEST: Monster Battle Road)
- Main Director – Hiroshi Takai (FINAL FANTASY V, SaGa Frontier, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Creative Director & Original Screenplay – Kazutoyo Maehiro (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Localization Director – Michael-Christopher Koji Fox (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY VII Dirge of Cerberus)
- Art Director – Hiroshi Minagawa (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)
- Combat Director – Ryota Suzuki (DEVIL MAY CRY 5, Dragon’s Dogma and MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 (All published by CAPCOM))
- Character Design – Kazuya Takahashi (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY X)
- Composer – Masayoshi Soken (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Nanashi no Game series, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Published by Nintendo))
FINAL FANTASY XVI immerses players in a world where Eikons—powerful and terrible monsters who live within Dominants, a single man or woman endowed with the capacity to summon their terrifying power—rule the roost. Clive Rosfield, a young man committed to mastering the blade, is designated the First Shield of Rosaria and charged with guarding his younger brother Joshua, the Dominant of the Phoenix. Unexpected circumstances send Clive down a dark and perilous path to retaliation.