Gran Turismo 7 Requires PS Plus For Online Multiplayer
Gran Turismo 7 is due out for the PS5 and was originally set to launch in the first half of 2021, but this mention was removed by Sony.
According to the official PlayStation website, the game will require PS Plus for online multiplayer. Obviously, this is not shocking news by any means, and it might not even be new, but there you have it. We didn’t see it reported online so we thought to share this news. While the game can be played offline, according to the website, you will need internet access to get the most functionality out of the garage where you can customize and tweak hundreds of cars.
Gran Turismo 7 was first seen at the Future of Gaming event where the game was confirmed for the PS5. It is the first mainline game that is releasing since the launch of Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3.
Here are some of the features of this game on the PS5.
- Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targeted 60 FPS frame rate.*
- Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
- Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.
Gran Turismo 7 will be released exclusively for the PS5.