Minecraft for PS4 is finally getting the Bedrock Version with update 1.99 which has launched today for PS4. Here’s everything included in this update.
Minecraft is now truly cross-platform with an update to the PS4 version which brings it in line with other console versions of the game. This update was already available on PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch and will make it the first time PS4 console owners will be able to enjoy this update as well.
Here are the full patch notes for Minecraft Bedrock Version update on PS4.
Read More: Nintendo Direct Focused On Indies Announced For December 10
Minecraft Update 1.99 Patch Notes
- Major update which adds “Bedrock Version of Minecraft to PlayStation 4”
- Bedrock version becomes default application for Minecraft on PlayStation and will be the only version to receive future feature updates
- New features in Bedrock include:
- Store: First and Third Party Developed DLC
- Cross-Platform Play
- World Conversion: Import Editions Saves into Bedrock
- Day One Import Wizard: automatically imports Editions settings and last used Skin.
- Management of Editions Save Games from within Bedrock
- DLC Entitlement transfer from Editions to Bedrock
- New Persona feature
- Changes in Menu UI
- Graphical enhancements
- New Mobs: Bees, Foxes
- New Block: Honey Block
- New Trophies
- Editions button: starts the Editions version of Minecraft
- New features in Editions include:
- Bedrock saves now appear in Editions saves list
- Added the ability to delete Bedrock saved games from within Editions
- Added “Launch New Minecraft” button to Main Menu
- Bug fixes.
- Engine optimization for improved performance.
- UI text and localization improvements.
Read More: Bioshock Is Getting a New Mainline Game From 2K Studio Cloud Chamber
The full download size of this update is roughly 1.7 GB on the PS4. Those who own the current original game version will be automatically updated to the Bedrock Version for free of cost.