Monster Hunter World Sells 24M, Devil May Cry 5 at 4.1M According To New Sales Update
Capcom has shared a new sales update on their platinum sellers, including Monster Hunter World, that has achieved new sales milestone.
Capcom is gaining quite a lot of sales from their back catalog of games including classic like Dragon’s Dogma, and new games like Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5. They categorize Platinum sellers as the games which have sold or shipped more than 1 million copies. The number below reflect the sales up to December 31, 2020.
In the latest update for sales regarding their games, we learn that Ace Attorney Trilogy Collection has finally achieved one million sales becoming the only game in the series to reach this milestone. Another update was shared regarding the cumulative sales of Monster Hunter World and its Iceborne expansion. It has now reached a total of 24 million sales with 7.2 million of it coming from Iceborne that is bundled with the original game, and 16.8 million of it coming from the base game.
Monster Hunter World is the best-selling game in Capcoms history, however, this doesn’t mean other games are not performing well. Resident Evil 7 has now achieved 8.5 million sales while Resident Evil 2 Remake is slowly catching up with cumulative sales of 7.8 million as of December 31, 2020.
Here are all the updated sales numbers for the major Capcom games that have all achieved a million copies sold.
- Monster Hunter World – 16.8M (+400K)
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – 7.2M (+600K)
- Monster Hunter Generations: Ultimate – 4.1M (+200K)
- Devil May Cry 5 – 4.1M (+200K)
- Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition – 1.6M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 7 – 8.5M (+200K)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake – 7.8M (+300K)
- Resident Evil 5 – 7.8M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 6 – 7.7M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 3 Remake – 3.6M (+600K)
- Resident Evil Remake HD – 2.9M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 0 HD – 2.8M (+200K)
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – 2.7M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 6 (PS4/X1) – 2.3M (+100K)
- Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3/360/PC) – 2.1M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS4/X1) – 2.1M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4/X1) – 2M (+100K)
- Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD – 1.4M (+100K)
- Street Fighter V – 5.2M (+200K)
- Street Fighter Anniversary – 1.7M (+200K)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 – 1.1M (+100K)
- Dead Rising 3 – 2.9M (+100K)
- Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4/X1/PC) – 1.5M (+100K)
- Megaman: Legacy Collection – 1.2M (+100K)
Capcom had also announced their best quarter earnings recently citing the success of their back catalog as one of the reasons. They are planning to release Monster Hunter Rise in March and Resident Evil 8 in May, which will give a further boost to their sales. While Monster Hunter Rise is a Nintendo Switch exclusive, Resident Evil 8 will be released on old and new generation consoles in addition to PC.