No Man’s Sky Update 2.06 For PS4/Xbox One, and 2.06c For PC is Out
No Man’s Sky developer Hello Games is in full overdrive mode these days and has just released two updates, one for PS4 and Xbox One, and second for PC.
No Man’s Sky Beyond update was released on August 14. This is the largest update to the game so far adding several new features and improvements. It unfortunately also increased the frequency of game crashes on almost all platforms.
Hello Games has always taken the feedback of the community seriously and had promised an update to resolve most of the issues. They are now releasing the fourth patch within a week of releasing Beyond update before the weekend starts.
First is the PS4 and Xbox One version which has been updated today to No Man’s Sky version 2.06b. The PC version has received another experimental update bumping the game version to 2.06c.
Here are the patch notes for both of these updates which were shared by Hello Games. Patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One are for version 2.06b.
- Improved localisation.
- Fixes for more rare crashes in Nexus.
- Fixes for performance issues within the Nexus and Trading Posts.
- Fixes buffer in flight memory issues during loading.
- Reduced maximum base node count to allow very large bases to load better.
- Reduce render memory usage to improve stability in high watermark situations.
- Fix crash for older chipsets without SSE support.
- Fix cockpit screens and render targets from not rendering after precise Alt-Tab issue.
- Increase safety around alt-tab and windowing.
- Fix for crash during some factory interactions.
- Improve stability around freighters in multiplayer.
Patch notes for the PC are for version 2.06c. This update will also launch for PS4 and Xbox One at a later date.
- Reduce texture quality if it is causing an out of memory error.
- Don’t let the VR player punch in places they aren’t allow to use weapons.
- Revert to the non-device-local heap in low memory situations.
- Removed misleading version number from main menu.
Hello Games is still working on releasing more fixes for the game so rest assured, you can look forward to seeing more of these updates next week.