Outriders Dev Encourage Getting Refund After Xbox Game Pass Announcement
Outriders developer People Can Fly is encouraging players to refund the game if they had pre-ordered it ahead of the Game Pass announcement.
Microsoft announced that Outriders will be coming to Game Pass just yesterday. The game will be available on Xbox Game Pass on day one which means those who had pre-ordered it could essentially grab it from Game Pass without having to spend any money if they were subscribed to the service.
After the announcement, the official subreddit of the game was updated with a message from the developers and a FAQ to explain their inclusion on Game Pass.
If you have already pre-ordered the game for The Hell’s Rangers content pack, you will still get it as a thank you bonus from the developers for pre-ordering their game. If you haven’t received The Hell’s Rangers content pack and want to grab it, you can get it through a 10% discount provided by the Game Pass subscription when the game launches in April.
As for those who want to get a refund, the devs confirmed that they are collaborating with Microsoft to process any refund requests on the Xbox consoles. Just follow the steps given below.
How To Refund Outriders On Xbox
- Sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
- Look for the pre-order in your order history – this will be dated from when you originally placed the pre-order, not when Outriders will be releasing
- Once found, you will see an option to Cancel the pre-order listed under the release date
- a. If you’ve paid with a credit card, then it’ll cancel with no charge
- b. If you’ve paid using Microsoft account credit (either fully or partially) then your credit will be returned to you, with no charge on the card
- If for any reason you don’t see the option to cancel, or if you’re trying to cancel within 10 days from launch, you’ll need to get in touch with the Xbox team via https://xbox.com/refund
- Further support can be found here: Pre-order Xbox One digital games in the Microsoft Store | Xbox Support
- If you have pre-ordered via a local retailer (Amazon, Gamestop, GAME etc.) you will need to contact them directly regarding your order.
Outriders will launch for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox Series, and PS5 on April 1.