Resident Evil 8 Will Support Ray-Tracing With Dynamic 4K and HDR On PS5
Sony has updated the official page for Resident Evil 8 for the PlayStation 5 confirming PS5 features like 3D Audio, and Ray-Tracing.
The update on the official PlayStation page mentions that the game will support Ray-Tracing on the PS5. In addition to this, the Haptic Feedback, Adaptive Triggers, and 3D Audio support were also mentioned.
Read More: Ghostrunner Update 1.05 Patch Notes Mention Graphical Improvements
Ray-Tracing is confirmed for Resident Evil 8 according to the official page. The game will apparently run at dynamic 4K and HDR with Ray-Tracing as per the official page.
Here is the description of the various visual and gameplay features for Resident Evil 8 on the PS5.
- Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village’s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
- Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
The game is currently slated for a release in 2021 but there is no official release date set for it yet. Capcom has confirmed it for next-generation consoles only but the last update suggested that they are also trying to make it work on PS4 and Xbox One.
Read More: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rumored For Xbox Game Pass
Resident Evil 8, also known as Resident Evil Village, is the successor to Resident Evil 7 and will continue the story of Ethan, the protagonist for Resident Evil 7. It will also feature Chris in one of the roles, however, details around his involvement in the story are kept under wraps for now.