Days Gone Update 1.08 Makes Some Important Changes To Fix Bugs
Sony Bend Studio was quick to release new Days Gone updates since it launched back in late April but they stopped after a while. They have released a new Days Gone update 1.08 today implementing some important fixes.
Days Gone is a massive open-world game and since it was the first project of this kind undertaken by Sony Bend Studio, they faced some issues during the launch when some bugs managed to slip through the quality control and ended up in the game. Thankfully, Sony Bend Studio has been rather quick to patch and fix any major issue and their latest update to Days Gone is no different.
Days Gone fans were facing an issue with the auto-save functionality for a while now. It could have resulted in multiple auto-saves and the functionality was just not working the same for them. This issue has been resolved now with the new Days Gone update 1.08 making them work as intended by the developers.
The patch notes also mention important fixes to progression issues. General fixes list overall streaming and performance improvements, which should hopefully lead to a better frame rate. Here are the full Days Gone update version 1.08 patch notes as shared by Sony Bend Studio.
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to “I’ve Had Better Days”
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing ”Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen
- Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
- Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
- Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
- With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
- The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
- Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
- Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes
Sony Bend Studio has also confirmed that they are planning to slow down the frequency of updates and now will only release a new one once they can “add more fixes, features, and optimizations.”