Days Gone Update 1.21 Adds First Weekly Challenge
Days Gone is getting its first weekly challenge in the game that was a part of a new update released today. Sony Bend Studio has also shared the details on the challenge including its reward.
This weekly challenge is called “Surround” and will begin today after updating the game. Once you have updated Days Gone, you will be able to get new weekly challenges beginning from this week until the next Eleven weeks. The last major update to the game added a Survival Difficulty mode.
You can get Days Gone update 1.21 by either manually checking the update, or triggering it automatically by launching the game. It should be around six GB but the size also depends on if you have downloaded any of the previous updates.
The patch also adds a new custom accent and implements some other fixes. Sony Bend Studio has shared the full details on the update including its patch notes.
Days Gone Patch 1.20
Weekly DLC Challenges
- “Surrounded” is the first DLC challenge drop! It’s you VS. an endless Horde of Freakers! Survive the Horde as long as possible by utilizing your weapons, traps, and the environment. Increase the time on the timer by taking down Freakers and maximizing your score!
- Each week on Friday, we will unlock a new challenge for you to master! (Will confirm day/time)
- Earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold rank to earn credits to buy new characters, custom accents, and rings
- Once you complete a challenge, you will earn that challenge’s Patch which will be permanently shown on Deacon’s jacket in both challenge and story mode!
- Free new custom accent has been added to our story mode, “Farewell Mongrels”
- New trophies have been added exclusive to the new weekly challenges
- Lisa will not get stuck on the house terrain during the mission ”Lots Of Sick People”
- After finishing the objective in “You Don’t Want to Know”, you should be able to properly loot your bounty
- Picking up and swapping weapons on the ground has been changed to the “Triangle” button
- A fix has added to fade away the Stat Upgrade and Trust Level banner from the player’s UI
- Swarmers and the Horde should now vault through windows properly
- The Breaker’s AI should function correctly when traps are utilized
- Leaving flashback missions should now retain your melee weapon and proper ammo count
- Rendering issue has been resolved with a certain set of NPCs
- Localization fixes
- Various bug fixes and miscellaneous crash fixes
Days Gone has been a great success for Sony and currently, it is the Top 8 best selling game in the United States and Canada. It has also outsold God of War and Marvel’s Spider-Man in Japan.