Dead Island 2 Best Settings Guide For PC
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios’ Dead Island 2 is now available, and we’ve put together the best PC settings for getting optimized performance on mid end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for the PC version of Dead Island 2, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
Dead Island 2 Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Resolution: As per the native resolution of your display and preference
- Window Mode: Full screen
- V-Sync: No on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, Yes otherwise
- Maximum Frame Rate: As per the native refresh rate of your display and preference
- Field Of View: 100
- Motion Blur: As per personal preference
- Overall Quality: Custom
- Anti-Aliasing: Temporal AA High
- View Distance: Medium
- Post Processing: High
- Shadows: Medium
- Textures: Ultra (or lower if available VRAM is below 8 GB)
- Effect: High
- Foliage Detail: Medium
- SSAO: High
- Indirect Shadows: Medium
- Depth Of Field: High
- Screen Space Reflections: High
- Material Quality: Ultra
- Shading Quality: Ultra
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Quality (or Off, depending on available performance headroom)
- AMD FidelityFX Variable Shading: Off
Dead Island 2 is an action role-playing game developed by Dambuster Studios and published by Deep Silver. It is the third major entry in the Dead Island series and a follow-up to the video game Dead Island from 2011. Dead Island 2 distinguishes itself from its predecessors by taking place in the city of Los Angeles, which has been quarantined due to the zombie outbreak, and is set about 10 years after the events of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. The game was released for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S, and PC on April 21, 2023.