Elden Ring Update 1.02 Patch Notes Mention Performance Improvements and More
From Software has released a new update for Elden Ring today that appears to be the day one patch version 1.02 and comes with the following fixes.
While the game is not out until February 25, the new update is being published earlier to address some of the issues that have been observed since it went gold. This includes improvements to the frame rate which could drop under certain conditions. Bandai Namco has also adjusted some of the game balance but obviously, they are not going to share what has been changed in detail.
The official patch notes were published by Bandai Namco on their website. They have also promised details on the ray-tracing implementation soon, although it is not a part of the day one patch. Take a look at the patch notes below.
Elden Ring Update 1.02 Patch Notes
Major items included in the latest update:
- Improved player controls
- Addition and adjustment of BGM
- Text adjustments
- Balance adjustments
- NPC event fixes and adjustments
- Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions
- Fixed text bug in some languages
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Xbox wireless headset from working properly
* Timing for the implementation of ray tracing, which is planned to be supported after the launch, will be revealed in future announcements.
If you have Elden Ring pre-loaded and downloaded ahead of its launch, you can either manually trigger the update from your console, or hope it is downloaded automatically which is usually the case. If you haven’t downloaded any pre-load, the update will be a part of it from the beginning so no need to download any further patches.