Modern Warfare Update 1.04: What’s New and What are Patch Notes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update 1.04 is the final day one patch which is out now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here’s what you need to know about it.
First, as we had reported earlier, the game already had a massive day one update that was needed in order to play it even if you had pre-loaded the digital version. It was more than 40 GB but apparently this was just the initial update and more were released down the line.
As Modern Warfare launches worldwide today, Infinity Ward has released the final day one update for the game bringing the version to 1.04. this update has a final size of roughly 53.2 GB.
Infinity Ward has started to detail what changes or bug fixes are being implemented in these new updates. They have shared the patch notes for the day one update which is available now. Update: There was another minor update released today with patch notes seen here.
There is not a lot to go on here. Most of the gameplay-related fixes feel minor like a fix to spawning in core multiplayer, ground war, and various minor fixes for things like trophy system, killstreaks, and munitions box. Other changes include some PC specific fixes as following.
- Crouch and prone transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- ADS Sensitivity options can now be saved when using KBM
- Double-tapping the sticks now always triggers the Tactical Sprint when using a gamepad on PC
- Fixed blurriness in various situations
- Ping widget is now showing the correct latency value
- Added depth of field option in the Graphics options
- Added HDR support
- Added NVIDIA Highlight support in MP
- Global performance improvements and stability fixes
- ADS transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- Adjusted stand-to-prone timing for KBM versus gamepads
- Player no longer loses sprint functionality by holding down sprint keybind and the move keybind while respawning
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map.
This should cover the patch notes for Modern Warfare update 1.04 and if you don’t have it downloaded, better get to it before playing the game since it will improve the experience.
For more on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, read our achievements and trophies guide, or check out how long it will take to beat the campaign. The game is available now after the pre-load wen up for Xbox One and PS4. For more details on the PC version, check out the system requirements.