PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 and “Queued for Download” Get Official Fix
PS5 has now launched in the majority of the world and as the console is getting in the hands of more users, some issues are cropping up.
We have already covered a list of the errors that users on PlayStation 5 might experience when playing the game. Here is a more general fix that comes officially from Sony for two specific errors that are being reported by players.
One of the first things you should do is check that your own broadband is working before assuming you’ve got a downloading error. If you don’t have the error code but you’re experiencing download issues it could be your own connection. To check or upgrade your broadband, if you are in the UK, you could use this guide to home broadband deals.
One of the issues is when starting a game on the PS5. It leads to the error code CE-108255-1 on the console. Thankfully there is an official fix for it if you want to try it or wait for an official system software update that might fix it later down the line.
PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 Fix
- If this error occurs after launching a game, delete the game in which the error occurs from Settings > Storage, and reinstall the game.
- Start your PS5 in Safe Mode and perform “5. Rebuild Database”.
- If the error occurs again, reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the application again. (Please take a backup of all sorts of your data in advance.)
- If the above means do not work, please contact PlayStation Support.
“Queued for Download” Fix
- Please update the system software to the latest version.
- Turn off your console by pressing the power button. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Start your PS5 in safe mode then rebuild the database.
This should resolve any issues that you have faced with these two errors on the PlayStation 5.