Rumor: Resident Evil 3 Remake Development Team Is Not The Same As Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Remake has been hinted by Capcom in different ways even if there is no official confirmation of it. After the massive success of Resident Evil 2, the anticipation for the game has only increased with time.
ResetERA moderator and Resident Evil series enthusiast Dusk Golem recently shared some interesting information on what he has heard about Resident Evil 3 Remake.
It should be a foregone collection by now that Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 3 Remake, even if it hasn’t been formally announced by them. What is not known is the development team behind it, and this is something that was touched upon recently by Dusk Golem.
In a series of tweets that also had a lot of interesting information on what was cut from the Resident Evil 2 Remake, Dusk Golem also teased a little about the Resident Evil 3 Remake and some news on the expected Resident Evil 8, which isn’t going to release this generation.
- New Resident Evil games will be released every year from now, so expect a new one in 2020 and so on.
- Resident Evil 8 was ‘delayed’ and won’t be out until the next-generation of consoles are released.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake is next on the table for Capcom but it won’t be developed by the Resident Evil 2 team.
- Dusk Golem goes on to say that it won’t even be developed by Capcom Division 1, the studio behind most of the Resident Evil games.
- Dusk Golem calls the studio who is developing the game as “very interesting” and said that it might release a lot sooner than people are expecting it.
It should be stressed that anything said by Dusk Golem has to be taken with a grain of salt. Dusk Golem has already talked about the series going towards an annual release cycle and Resident Evil 8 releasing for next-generation consoles, but the information on the development team for the game is new and interesting to see after the success of Resident Evil 2.