The Callisto Protocol Update 1.11 Released, Here Are The Patch Notes
Striking Distance Studios has released a major patch for The Callisto Protocol bumping the game to version 1.11. The full patch notes mention various changes and improvements. The most notable addition is the new Hardcore mode, designed to challenge players with increased difficulty levels.
In Hardcore mode, players will find that ammo, health, and credits are harder to come by, and not all Biophages will drop loot. Additionally, enemy damage has increased, while the damage from the Stun Baton has decreased. The enemy mutation speed has also been increased, and the value of contraband has been reduced.
For players who complete the standard Hardcore mode playthrough, there is a New Game Plus mode available, and new achievements and trophies to hunt. The update also includes fixes for players who were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement upon completing the game, who will now be automatically granted the achievement.
Other improvements include localization fixes for leveling and voice-over/subtitle mismatches, optimized enemy combat AI when the player is surrounded by multiple enemies, and updated font rendering and UI elements for improved readability on the Steam Deck. Additionally, the update includes ray tracing performance improvements for the PC version of the game.
The Callisto Protocol Update 1.11 Patch Notes
A challenging take on The Callisto Protocol’s survival-horror experience, intended to push you to your limits, Hardcore mode is not for the faint of heart. Here’s what you can expect;
- Ammo, health and credits are harder to come by and not every Biophage will drop loot.
- Increased enemy damage
- Decreased Stun Baton damage
- Increased enemy mutation speed
- Contraband value is reduced
- Hardcore Mode New Game+ (requires completion of standard Hardcore Mode playthrough)
- New Achievements / Trophies to hunt
- Players that were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement upon completing the game will be automatically granted the achievement
- Localization fixes for leveling and VO/subtitle mismatches
- Optimized enemy combat AI when player is surrounded by multiple enemies
- Updated font rendering and UI elements for readability
- Created a rendering functionality profile specifically for Steam Deck with the best settings for smooth gameplay
- Updated control schemes for SteamDeck controls
- Ray tracing performance improvements
The Callisto Protocol is available now for the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series.