World War Z Update 1.03 Fixes Save File Corruption Bug and More
World War Z update 1.03 is out today implementing many important bug fixes. One of these is for the save files getting corrupted, which we reported earlier. This has been fixed with this new update on the PS4 among other changes.
World War Z players were complaining about losing their progress due to the save files getting corrupt, but they shouldn’t have to deal with this issue any more after installing this new update.
As an important update, this also carries a huge file size. The download size for World War Z update version 1.03 is approximately 15.5 GB on the PS4, which is massive on its own. It is not available yet for PC or Xbox One, but the developers did release an earlier patch to resolve the issues with the save data and party invites on PC.
Some of the issues that were resolved with the save data getting wiped out in World War Z were annoying. Save data backups would not work, or save data would get corrupted thus leading to the players losing all their progress.
What Is Included In World War Z Update 1.03?
Here are the official patch notes shared by the developers for World War Z update version 1.03. You can find out the bug fixes and other changes included in this update from the changelog below.
- Fixed an issue that caused save file corruption.
- Fixed an issue with save backups restoring saves with 0 progression.
- Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in levels.
- You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
- Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
- Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
- Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
- Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
- Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.
- Minor fixes in UI and localization.
- Fixed an issue with “Strong immunity”, “High caution” and “The most effective way” trophies, which caused the goals to fail if you have failed them once during one game session.
- Fixed an issue with the “Sport kills” trophy, which was harder than intended to get.
World War Z is an online third-person shooter with multiplayer elements. It is based on the World War Z book which has also received a Hollywood movie in the past.