Alan Wake 2 Best Settings Guide For PC
Epic Games and Remedy Entertainment’s latest survival horror game, Alan Wake 2, is now available, and we’ve put together the best PC settings for getting optimized performance on mid-end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for Alan Wake 2 on PC, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
Alan Wake 2 Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Display Resolution: the max resolution of your display
- Render Resolution: set as per the max resolution of your display or preference
- Resolution Upscaling: DLSS if supported by GPU, else FSR 2
- Vsync: Off on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, otherwise set to On
- Quality Preset: Custom
- Post Processing Quality: High
- Texture Resolution: Ultra
- Texture Filtering: High
- Volumetric Lighting: Medium
- Volumetric Spotlight Quality: Medium
- Global Illumination Quality: Medium
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Shadow Filtering: Medium
- Shadow Detail: Medium
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO): Enabled
- Global Reflections: High
- Screen Space Reflections (SSR): Medium
- Fog Quality: Medium
- Terrain Quality: High
- Far Object Detail (LOD): Medium
- Scattered Object Density: Medium
- Ray Tracing Preset: Off
- DLSS Ray Reconstruction: Disabled
- Direct Lighting: Disabled
- Path Traced Indirect Lighting: Off
- Transparency: Off
Alan Wake II follows the story of the original Alan Wake game. The game puts players in the role of a best-selling thriller novelist, who has been stuck in an alternate dimension for 13 years. He tries to escape by writing a horror story that features an FBI agent named Saga Anderson. The game was officially released on October 27, 2023, for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S.