Apex Legends Servers Are Down After Update 1.1 As Players Report Losing All Progress
Respawn Entertainment has taken down the servers for Apex Legends after they rolled out update 1.1 for the game and it led to a major bug that wiped out the progress of all players.
Apex Legends had received update 1.1 on all platforms today. It can be downloaded as Apex Legends update 1.06 on the PS4 while the PC and Xbox One has their own system update number for Apex Legends. Shortly after installing this update, players started to notice a major bug that wiped out their progress.
This was a strange issue because Respawn Entertainment had released this as a minor update without any major issues as evident with the Apex Legends update version 1.1 patch notes.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- You can choose to allow invites or opt out in the Friends menu.
- Made small improvements to the UI for customizing Legends.
- Added option to turn off lighting on compatible hardware [for example, Razer Chroma devices] in the Mouse/Keyboard settings.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
Once the patch was out, Respawn Entertainment quickly shared another update on Apex Legends where they confirmed that the servers are taken down in order to avoid players from losing their progress.
Apex Legends Servers Not Found Error: Why Is It Happening?
The reason why the servers are not found for Apex Legends is simple. Respawn Entertainment has taken them offline and is working on a fix that should stop players from losing their complete progress in Apex Legends. If you want to avoid this issue, it is recommended to stop playing until they release a fix for it. For more information on server status, check out this article that covers how to see the status of the Apex Legends server. If you want to change the data center, you can also get a better ping.