Edge Issue #340 Review Scores: Pokémon Sword and Shield and More
Edge Magazine’s latest issue has review scores for games like Pokémon Sword and Shield and Modern Warfare. They didn’t give any score to Death Stranding.
Edge Magazine is a tough critic when it comes to reviewing games. They are one of the oldest magazines in the industry that has a large retail and digital presence and cover video games. Their review scores carry a lot of impact on review aggregate websites like Metacritic.
Read More: Edge Issue #339 Review Scores: The Outer Worlds and More Covered
The latest issue of Edge Magazine is out now. Edge Magazine Issue #340 deals with the following games.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – 7
- Planet Zoo – 8
- Pokémon Sword and Shield – 7
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) – 6
- Monomals – 8
- Manifold Garden – 8
- Concrete Genie – 6
- Superliminal – 8
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill – 7
- Mosaic – 3
Here’s how they have reviewed the previous Pokémon games.
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee – 7
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – 8
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire – 8
- Pokémon X and Y – 8
- Pokémon Black and White – 7
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl – 8
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire – 8
So it seems that Pokémon Sword and Shield haven’t really improved the review scores of the series and seems in line with its predecessor, Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee.
Here’s a similar list for Call of Duty games reviewed by Edge Magazine.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 7
- Call of Duty: WWII – 7
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 7
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – 7
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 8
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 7
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – 8
- Call of Duy: Modern Warfare 3 – 9
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – 7
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 9
- Call of Duty: World at War – 6
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2007) – 9
For most of the recent Call of Duty games, they have received the same 7 review score and Modern Warfare reboot hasn’t changed it at all.
Edge Magazine was also supposed to review Death Stranding and managed to cause quite a stir when the reviewer who was assigned to this task ended up disliking the game so much that he refused to complete it. There is no review score in this edition of the magazine as well.