Modern Warfare Update 1.08 File Size and Patch Notes
Infinity Ward has released a minor hotfix update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patching the game to version 1.08. Here’s what you need to know about it.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a gritty reboot for the franchise. It was released at the end of October for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. As we have covered in our review, this is an excellent addition in the franchise that offers a breath of fresh air with a refreshing and dark single-player campaign.
Read More: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Is Horrendous and Shows a Lack of Interest
The new update for Modern Warfare is already out on all platforms. It has a small file size and depending on your platform it should be under 1 GB. Some users are reporting that they have to download a large patch for this minor update but this could be a bug with how the system updates the game.
Infinity Ward will release free content updates for the game adding things like new maps, weapons, and playlists. The first major post-launch update was out last week bringing in maps, modes, and more. Infinity Ward is following up this update with another patch for Modern Warfare today that bumps the game version to 1.08.
Read More: Death Stranding Celebrity Cameos and Where To Find Them
The full Modern Warfare update version 1.08 patch notes were shared by Infinity Ward on reddit ahead of the launch of this update.
Modern Warfare Update 1.08 Patch Notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It was developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.