Sons Of The Forest Best Settings Guide For PC
Endnight Games’ survival horror game, Sons of the Forest, is now available on PC, and we’ve put together the best settings for getting optimized performance on low-to-mid end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for Sons of the Forest on PC, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
Sons Of The Forest Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Resolution: as per the native resolution of your display and preference
- Fullscreen: Exclusive Fullscreen
- VSync: Off on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, On otherwise
- Max FPS: as per the max refresh rate of your display and preference
- Quality Preset: Custom
- Draw Distance: Medium
- Ambient Occlusion: Medium
- Fog Quality: Low
- Anisotropic Textures: Off
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Clouds: High
- Grass: High
- Water: High
- Parallax Distance: Medium
- Billboard Quality: Medium
- Texture Resolution: Full
- Anti-Aliasing: TAA
- Dynamic Resolution:TAAU
- Dynamic Resolution Target: 100
- Bloom: On
- Screen Space Reflections: On
- Motion Blur: as per personal preference
- Micro Shadowing: Off
- Contact Shadows: Off
- Chromatic Aberration: as per personal preference
Sons of the Forest is a survival horror video game developed by Endnight Games and published by Newnight. It is the follow-up to the 2014 game, The Forest, and was released on PC in early access on February 23, 2023. Much like in the previous entry, the game puts players in control of an individual stranded on an island populated by cannibals. Players can construct structures and weapons in order to survive.