Nintendo has released Super Smash Bros Ultimate update 8.1.0 today. This adds a new stage and implements other general improvements.
The first major addition is a brand new stage called Small Battlefield. It will be available to play in both online and offline battles. Players can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
Read More: Battletoads Preload is Up, Full Game File Size Revealed
Nintendo also mentions improvements made to the online user experience and matchmaking rules. While there are no additional details shared, improvements have been made to the general gameplay experience.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update 8.1.0 Patch Notes
- The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
- You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
- The online user experience has been adjusted.
- The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.
- Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.
- Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Read More: PS4 Shipments Top 112.3 Million, Sets Revenue Record For PlayStation
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is available now exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.