A Plague Tale Requiem Best Settings Guide For PC
A Plague Tale Requiem is now available on PC, and, given the graphically demanding nature of the game, we’ve put together the best settings for getting optimized performance on lower-end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for the PC version of A Plague Tale Requiem, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings below should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
A Plague Tale Requiem Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Vertical Synchronization: Off, for lower input latency
- Screen Resolution: should match the native resolution of your display
- Resolution Scale: 100%
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution: Quality (on supported Nvidia GPUs)
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: Enabled (on supported Nvidia GPUs)
- Motion Blur: Set according to preference
- Chromatic Aberration: Set according to preference
- Graphics Preset: Custom
- Draw Distance: Medium
- Shadow Maps: Medium (or higher on capable GPUs)
- Volumetric Light: Low
- Ambient Occlusion: Medium
- Depth of Field: Set according to preference
- Contact Shadows: Low
- Light Shafts: Medium
- Screen-space Reflections: Medium
- Texture Quality: depends on the available VRAM; set to High with 8GB, or Ultra with 10GB or higher
A Plague Tale: Requiem is an action-adventure stealth game developed by Asobo Studio and published by Focus Entertainment. It is the follow-up to 2019’s A Plague Tale: Innocence. The game follows the story of siblings Amicia and Hugo de Rune as they search for a treatment for Hugo’s blood disease in Southern France while evading Inquisition soldiers and swarms of rats carrying the black plague. On October 18, 2022, the game will be made available for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and Series S.