Destroy All Humans! Update 1.08 Adds Support For 60 FPS On PS5, Improved Visuals On XSX
Black Forest Games has released a new update for Destroy All Humans! that has added a new FPS limit option and implemented some bug fixes.
Destroy All Humans! is a remake of the cult-classic PS2 original that was published by THQ Nordic. The game was developed by Black Forest Games. It has received an update today on PS4 and Xbox One that adds the ability to limit the frame rate. According to the patch notes, this limit is implemented on the PS4/PS5 version while further details on reddit confirm that Xbox Series consoles have also received improvements.
The game did previously run at a locked 30 FPS on the PS4 and PS4 Pro. There were no enhancements for the game on the mid-generation refresh of PS4 and Xbox One. The ability to run at a higher frame rate means this should be able to go up to 60 FPS on the PS5. Keep in mind that the resolution was confirmed to be native 1080p so unless that has been updated, it will stick to 1080p at 60 FPS.
Destroy All Humans! Update 1.08 Patch Notes
- 3 new free skins (all platforms): Ain’t No Man, Worst Nightmare, Midas Touch
- PS4 patch to unlock FPS restrictions (this will help players on PS5 as well)
- X1X patch for improved details
- XSX patch for improved resolution and details
- Silhouette fight tweaks (all platforms)
- Decreased difficulty on the final boss fight
- Toned down enemy reinforcement spawns
- Slightly increased the time Crypto has to get into cover
- Slightly reduced Silhouette’s Shock-O-Mator beam damage and sweep speed
- Removed particle exploder mines that spawn in proximity to Crypto
- Soldier and Power Suit Grenades balancing tweaks (all platforms)
- Increased damage dealt to enemies by enemy grenades.
- Crypto tweaks (all platforms)
- Ion Detonator Upgrade
- Lowered the slowdown and duration of the Ion Detonator’s Temporal Distortionator upgrade and increased its shield regen multiplier.
Destroy All Humans! ran at a dynamic 1080p resolution on the Xbox One S and native 1080p on Xbox One X. That should be improved with the new update as per the patch notes.
For more information on the game, take a look at our review of it on the PS4. Destroy All Humans! is available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It is currently on sale at Amazon for $14.99.