No Man’s Sky Update 2.42 Is Available Now, Get The Details Here
No Man’s Sky has been updated to version 2.42 by Hello Games. This patch will also launch for consoles. Here’s what you need to know about this update.
This update should be live on PC. It is part of an upcoming patch that is also releasing later for PS4 and Xbox One. This is a continuation of the Exo Mech update, that allowed the players to craft and unlock a new form of travel that can be used in the game.
Hello Games has continued to evolve and polish No Man’s Sky and the new update is a testament to their commitment regarding the support this game has received so far.
No Man’s Sky Update 2.42 Patch Notes
- Fixed localised temperature text in the Minotaur cockpit.
- Fix to prevent oxygen from continuing to deplete if you enter the Minotaur while under water.
- Fixed the restore terrain effect when in the Minotaur.
- Fixed Minotaur animations after summoning the Minotaur.
- Fix to show the Vignette & Scanlines option again on PC.
- Fixed NPC ships getting stuck at the space station entrance.
- Fixed a bug which was causing performance issues on PC.
- Removed duplicated decals from the Exocraft customiser.
- Fixed decals drawing incorrectly when in the Roamer cockpit.
- Fixed the red colour option when customising banners.
- Fixed a crash when scanning Frigates with the Visor.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when interacting.
These updates mostly aim at fixing bugs that were introduced after the Exo Mech update.
No Man’s Sky is available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It initially launched as an exclusive for the PS4 and PC and was ported at a later date to the Xbox One. The game didn’t offer any multiplayer at launch and it was part of a big update that was released alongside the Xbox One version.