Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.03 Released For PC, Here Are The Patch Notes
Guerrilla Games has updated Horizon Zero Dawn to version 1.03 on PC. This is the third update for the game since its launch in early August.
Horizon Zero Dawn launched with some issues on PC. The game suffered from crashes, low performance, and visual bugs. Guerrilla Games were committed to improving the PC version and has slowly released multiple updates within its launch month.
While this update attempts to resolve as many of the crashes as possible, there are still some that are left. They are listed in known issues under the patch notes shared by Guerrilla Games. There are several fixes included in this update for the PC version including progressing fixes.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when Asynchronous Compute was used.
- Fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the Concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling – Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning – Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning – Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation – The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.
Horizon Zero Dawn is available on PC through the Epic Games Store and Steam.