Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly Error: How To Fix On PC
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC launch is not without its issues. One of the crashes on PC relates to the game exiting unexpectedly. Here’s how to fix it.
RDR 2 has been released on PC and some of the players are still facing the error “Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly” when attempting to play it.
Rockstar’s Support database has officially stated some words for the “Exited Unexpectedly” error. The most common reason for this error is due to out-dated graphics drivers as stated in the Rockstar’s support database. To resolve the error check for the latest drivers for your graphics card.
How To Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly Error
If you are still facing the error after updating the drivers then you have to run the game’s program as administrator. You can run the game’s program as an administrator by following the way mentioned below.
- Open the Rockstar Game Launcher
- Go to settings and select Red Dead Redemption 2 in Installed Games list
- Select “Open” under view Installation Folder
- Right-click on RDR2 and select the properties option
- Go under the compatibility tab
- You have to select Run this program as administrator and Disable the full-screen optimization and then click apply
- After doing all the steps go back to the Rockstar Game Launcher and launch the game.
If all the above options are not working for you then try to disable your antivirus or add the game’s executable to your antivirus whitelist. Your issue will be resolved surely by doing these fixes for the error.
RDR 2 initially launched for Rockstar Games Launcher and other PC digital storefronts. It was finally released on Steam on December 5 but it appears that the same issues that plagued the launch of the PC version are exhibiting for the Steam release of the game.